- 1 bottle Dry red wine (750 ml)
- ½ cup Apple cider
- 1 whole Fresh orange
- 3 whole Cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole Star anise
- 6 whole Cloves
- 5 packets Stevia (Purevia)
- Cut orange in quarters.
- Zest one quarter of the orange.
- Combine apple cider, zest and fresh spices.
- Bring the spiced cider to a simmer (covered) and steep for about 30 minutes.
- Add red wine to the simmering spiced cider and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
- Optional: Cut leftover orange into thin slices or wedges.