- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp diced serrano pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 10 packets Whole Earth Stevia
- 3 cups frozen cherries (if using fresh pitted cherries, adjust cooking time as needed)
Crispy Oat Topping:
- ½ cup rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 packets Whole Earth Stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cornstarch and water separate from the rest of the filling and put to the side until it’s time to cook the filling.
- In a saucepan add sugar, diced serrano pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia. Fold in the frozen cherries and mix to coat well.
- Cook mixture in a sauce pan on medium heat until cherries begin to cook down and the sugar beings to bubble.
- Once the mixture begins to bubble slowly pour in the cornstarch/water mixture and continue stirring until mixed well.
- Pour filling into an ungreased pan and place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- While the filling is baking, mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl. Spread the topping onto the filling evenly and place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutrition Information Per One Serving: Calories: 155 Total Fat: 6 g, Total Carbohydrate: 26 g (1 g fiber, 15 g from added sugar), Protein: 1 g