- 1 pint Fresh strawberries
- 1 whole Fresh lemon
- 7 whole Basil leaves
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 10-12 packets Stevia (Purevia)
- ½ cup Gin
- Seltzer (Chilled)
- Thinly slice strawberries.
- Combine strawberries, stevia and sugar in a bowl.
- Zest about ¼ tsp of the lemon and add to the strawberries.
- Mix well to coat the berries.
- Cover the strawberry bowl and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Using your palm to apply slight pressure, roll the lemon on a table or counter surface to release juices.
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze juice into the strawberry mixture.
- Roll basil leaves into a tube shape and carefully slice into strips.
- Add freshly sliced basil to the strawberry mixture and mix well to blend.
- In separate glasses, divide the strawberry into equal portions.
- Add 1 oz gin to each glass.
- Top with seltzer and serve immediately.