Serves: 2 ( two skewers per person )
- ½ cup tamarind pulp, Tamarind pulp can be found in the Indian section of the grocery store. If you cannot find ready-made pulp, you can create your own by boiling tamarind with a bit of water and passing it through a sieve. Tamarind pods can be found in the Hispanic section of the grocery store.
- ½ cup tamarind nectar
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tsp. minced ginger
- 1 Tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 can Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, peppers and sauce separated
- 4 packets tabletop stevia
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 whole red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 whole green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- ½ Tsp. smoked paprika
- 1-2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- Your favorite fruits and vegetables for skewering. Examples include red onions and pineapples., optional
- (Glaze) Bring the tamarind pulp to a boil with the tamarind nectar, soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Roughly chop and add 4 chipotle peppers, along with 1 Tsp. adobo sauce.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add stevia.
- (Skewers) Season chicken cubes with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Skewer the cubed chicken and cubed bell peppers.
- Place on grill.
- When done, remove from heat and glaze them generously with the warm sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information per One Serving: Calories: 570, Total Fat: 12g, Total Carbohydrate: 84g (12 g from fiber, and 10 g from added sugar) Protein: 39 g