Serves: 24-30 pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour, unbleached
- 2 eggs large
- ⅓ cup yogurt, plain, nonfat
- ⅓ cup natural maple syrup
- 6 tbs. butter, unsalted, softened
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 20 packets stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Lightly grease, or line with parchment paper, a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl, blend softened butter, eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Separately, blend flour, salt, baking powder, and stevia.
- While mixing, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix until smooth. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape into logs about ¾ - 1 inch tall.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 315 deg. F.
- Cut logs crosswise into ½ - ¾ inch slices.
- Place slices face up on baking sheet and return to oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, and flip all slices.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove biscotti to cooling rack. Store in airtight container.
Oven times will vary.